Sunday, March 21, 2010

Simply the Best

Dear Ms. Forrester,

Thank you for sharing your recipe for "Chicken Simplicity." The name couldn't be more apt. Preparation of the dish took me under five minutes, but enjoying the meal lasted well over an hour. I had some friends over for dinner and everyone seemed to enjoy this chicken quite a bit. My roommate particularly loved the sauce, which I feared was a bit too salty from the onion soup mix. My one complaint with the recipe was that the rice didn't cook properly and remained fairly crunchy when the chicken was finished cooking. I used a wild rice blend. Is there a particular type of rice you normally use that cooks better? Maybe I will try a "minute rice" blend next time.

I hope this note finds you well and look forward to trying more of your recipes in the future.

Many Thanks and All the Best,

Sam L.


Chicken Simplicity
(Adapted from recipe by Lucile Forrester, Kelso H.S., Kelso, WA in Favorite Recipes of American Home Economics Teachers: MEATS Edition, Copyright 1962)

1 uncooked chicken cut into pieces
1/2 package of dry onion soup mix
1 cup uncooked brown or white rice
1 can cream of mushroom soup

Sprinkle onion soup mix on bottom of baking pan. Over this sprinkle the rice. Place chicken on top and pour diluted soup over the chicken. Cover. Bake at 325 for 1 hour 15 minutes or until done.









No comments:

Post a Comment